Once completed please email the permit to Film Commissioner Meagan Happel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow a minimum of one business week to process.
The following locations have their own permitting process or additional requirements you must follow:
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Canaveral National Seashore (Playalinda Beach)
- Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge - Commercial Photography
- Archie Carr National Wildlife Refuge - Commercial Use Permit
- Sebastian Inlet State Park and Indian River Lagoon Preserve State Park
- Port Canaveral
- Jetty Park
- The Cove at Port Canaveral
- Exploration Tower
- City of Cape Canaveral
- please fill out their permit 30 days prior to production date and send to Molly Thomas, Cultural & Community Affairs Director, email@example.com
- Westgate Cocoa Beach Pier
The Florida Office of Film & Entertainment offers an up-front sales-and-use tax exemption on certain production related purchases in Florida for qualified productions producing motion pictures, made for television motion pictures, television series, commercial advertising, music videos, or sound recordings in Florida. NOTE: hotel rentals and vehicle rentals are not tax-exempt expenditures, and still photography is not eligible. For more information, visit: https://filminflorida.com/sales-tax-exemption-program/
Fees and Support Services
There are no permit fees. It is essential to contact the film office prior to any filming activities. County or City involvement including fire rescue, police/security, road/bridge closures, police escorts, crowd control, EMT/paramedics, and lifeguards may incur a fee that will vary based on location, duration, and type of assistance required. These activities must be requested 30 days in advance with specific dates and times noted including any backup days.
If you want to use a drone, please be aware of the many no-fly zones in the area. Individual municipalities may have additional restrictions. Night flying is not allowed without an FAA waiver.
Please provide a copy of the FAA drone operator license and detailed flight map plan with your permit.
- Summary of the Small UAS Rule (Part 107) (PDF)
- More FAA Information
- International filmmakers who do not have an FAA license must file for a certification under Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC). Please provide this along with the permit.