Your Gateway to Space
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
Check Off Your Bucket List
Seeing a rocket launch from Florida’s Space Coast is on many people’s bucket list, and there’s no way for a civilian to get closer to the action than through special viewing options offered by the Visitor Complex. Common options for major launches include “Feel the Heat” which gives you a front row seat at the viewing area at the Apollo/Saturn V Center, only 6 miles from the closest pad.
March 11, 2024
Falcon 9 Block 5 | Dragon CRS-2 SpX-30Status: TBC
30th commercial resupply services mission to the International Space Station operated by SpaceX. The flight will be conducted under the second Commercial Resupply Services contract with NASA. Cargo Dragon 2 brings supplies and payloads, including critical materials to directly support science and research investigations that occur onboard the orbiting laboratory.
Upcoming Space Coast Launches
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is the best place to watch a rocket launch on Florida's Space Coast! Check out what's launching soonCheck out more Launch Resources
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is packed full of attractions and artifacts from America’s Space Program. Some of the experiences include:
- U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame – Pay your respects to the great heroes of the United States Space Program and learn about the early days of our journey to the stars
- Apollo/Saturn V Center – Until you’ve stood under it, you cannot understand how massive the Saturn V rocket is. Relive the entire Apollo program with various exhibits built around America’s trip to the moon
- Space Shuttle Atlantis – There are only 4 real space shuttles on display across the country, and we have one here! Space Shuttle Atlantis is presented in all its glory with it’s bay doors open. Don’t miss the Shuttle Launch Experience ride and the full scale replica of the Hubble Space Telescope
- Gateway: The Deep Space Launch Complex – Step into the modern era of Commercial Government collaboration in space. Check out a real SpaceX Falcon 9 booster and other artifacts from NASA’s commercial partners. Then step into Spaceport USA ride where you can virtually journey to the stars
Tips for Visiting
- Arrive early: There is so much to do at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, and so little time to do it. Guests are often disappointed that when they choose to arrive later in the day they end up missing out on large sections of the experience. Your family can explore for 2 days and still not run out of things to discover
- Plan Ahead: Knowing which exhibits you want to and planning your route can help those with limited time get the most out of KSCVC. The Visitor Complex sometimes offers special viewing options for major launches, and this is the best way to get up close to the action, but this is also one of the closest spots to view normal launches as well. If you can time your visit with a launch attempt there are sometimes speakers and events centered around them as well.
- Protect Yourself: While most of the artifacts are inside air conditioned buildings, a good chunk of time is spent out in the Florida sun and rain walking between major attraction areas. KSCVC is surrounded by nature and swampland, and as such, bugs can become an issue at certain times of the day. Check the weather and pack sunscreen, rain gear and bug spray as appropriate
- Know Your Peak Seasons: Like other Florida theme parks, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is usually busier around the holiday season, and times when families have vacations. Plan your trip accordingly, pack your patience, and be prepared for slightly longer lines
Related Yearly Events
- Yuri’s Night – April: Party with your fellow space nerds, astronauts, and more and celebrate Yuri Gagarin (the first human to leave Earth) and all things Space!
- Space Coast International Air Show – April/May: South Brevard’s premiere Air Show takes over the skies above Melbourne
- Cocoa Beach Air Show – April/May: Enjoy the waves and sun, while some of the greatest aircraft in the world put on a show above Cocoa Beach
- Thunder on Cocoa Beach – April/May: Get your adrenaline pumping as power boats and other watercraft race to be king of Cocoa Beach
- Taste of Space/Marstini Shake-Off – Oct-Nov: Sample the special menu at the Visitor Complex and enjoy special food and drink events all month
- Holidays in Space – Dec: Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex goes all out for the holidays with special exhibits and decorations
Want to Keep Living Like an Astronaut?
The Space Bar
The future is taking off at The Space Bar, and you’re invited to enjoy the show! This one-of-a-kind rooftop bar offers an incredible, up-close view of the latest Kennedy Space Center launches. Enjoy a wide menu of casual foods elevated by our chefs, including salads, bowls, flatbreads, specialty desserts and…
Dolphins Waterfront Bar & Grill at Cape Crossing
Dolphins Waterfront Bar & Grill at Cape Crossing is Florida’s Space Coast newest destination for food, fun, family and friends. Nestled along the shores of the historic Canaveral Barge Canal on Merritt Island, Dolphins is located at the world-class Cape Crossing Resort & Marina. It is the largest tiki bar…
Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum
At the Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum maintains and restores all types of aircraft indigenous to the world’s military forces, from pre-WWI to the present. See these aircrafts on display in two hangars, and if you’re lucky, you may see the team in action restoring a plane. History buffs will…
Courtyard by Marriott: Titusville – Kennedy Space Center
The Courtyard by Marriott has 152 rooms and features 14 mixed premium suites that include: enhanced sized rooms for families and three one-bedroom guest suites and eight ground-floor walkout rooms, four of which will have firepits and the other four with amazing sunset views. A large outdoor resort-style pool with…
Route 7 Adrenaline Warehouse
Route 7 Adrenaline Warehouse is a premiere family entertainment center located in Florida’s iconic Space Coast. Our 60,000 square foot facility in the historic FLORIDA TODAY building was intricately curated with one thing in mind: total, absolute, and mind-blowing FUN. The vision for Route 7 Adrenaline Warehouse is to be…
Hyatt Place Titusville / Kennedy Space Center
Watch the next Rocket Launch without leaving your room at Hyatt Place Titusville Kennedy Space Center. Make yourself at home in one of our 110 rooms including 8 suites. Kick back in the Cozy Corner with sofa-sleeper, or get more space to stretch out with our 550-square-foot one-bedroom suite. We…
Preacher Bar is an escape from the chaos of everyday life. Here you will find a restaurant unlike any other in the Cocoa Beach area. The atmosphere is casual and family-friendly, yet the menu is upscale featuring craft cocktails and mouth watering entrees. Choose from items like the Scotch eggs,…
Sands Space History Center
Formerly known as The Air Force Space and Missile History Center, the Sands Space History Center is located just outside the south gate of Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. Here you will learn about the spirit of space exploration and discover displays for each launch complex on site at Cape…
Shiloh’s Steak & Seafood
One of the few restaurants in Titusville with a waterfront view, Shiloh’s Steak & Seafood has something for every palate. And with a direct with of NASA’s Kennedy Space Center, this is an ideal setting if you’re looking for not only a water view, but also a prime spot for…
Space Coast Launches App
Are you obsessed with space? Download our Space Coast Launches App to watch a live stream of every rocket launched from Kennedy Space Center & Cape Canaveral AFS, Florida.
- Locate the exact spot on the horizon to watch during a live rocket launch using the Compass feature.
- Countdown every second with real-time launch clock on the main screen.
- Keep track of upcoming missions including current launch schedule, in-depth mission plans and rocket details.