Bensen House

Also known as the Benson House, the Grant Historical House is situated on seven (7) acres of riverfront land and is the first house in the town of Grant. Built in 1916, this pre-cut home arrived by riverboat from Jacksonville, Florida and was the former home of Atley and Clara Christensen Bensen, a pioneer family of Grant. The home was donated to the Grant Historical Society in 1984 by one of the Bensen sons and officially became a museum in 1987.

Grant Historical House Plaque
Grant Historical House Exterior
Beaches

$39 Million Beach Restoration Project Protects Wildlife While Protecting Way of Life

$39 Million Beach Restoration Project Protects Wildlife While Protecting Way of Life. Beach restoration on Florida’s Space Coast began as an effort to protect the 72-mile-long coastline from threats posed by beach erosion and storms. Today, the project is receiving national recognition for creating healthy habitats for coastal wildlife and...

View Article

Find A Hotel

Subscribe

Get the insight on Space Coast, including year-round itineraries, trip ideas, upcoming events, new activities and attractions.

Callout

Vacation Planner

Dive into the Space Coast Vacation Planner then launch into an unforgettable getaway.

View Digital Version