Explore Cocoa Beach with the Kids
Fun around every corner
Cocoa Beach is a top spot when you want to vacation with the kids. With something fun pretty much around every corner, it’s not hard to find a way to enjoy the day and see what this coastal town has to offer. And though this area is known as the Space Coast, there’s much more than space to explore with your kids when you spend time in Cocoa Beach.
The Beach: Obviously, a town with “beach” in its name is the place to go if you are looking for a day of beach exploration with your kids. There are so many ways to enjoy the beach that it’s easy to spend the whole day there. Some ideas include:
- Sandcastles – bring your imagination to life and create a sandy masterpiece. Pick up a sandcastle kit here and start building. Take a picture and then, before you leave for the day, fill in any holes, but leave your castle for others to enjoy!
- Surf Lessons – what better way to enjoy the beach and the waves that have made this town famous than with surf lessons? And this isn’t just for the kids! Learn alongside your kiddos and see if you can hang 10 with the best of them.
- One-Stop Spot – if you want a spot that gives you a place where food and fun collide, then head over to the Westgate Cocoa Beach Pier. You can fish, play volleyball, take those new surf skills to the water, and then rinse off the sand at one of the many outdoor showers and head to one of the many restaurants on site. Don’t forget to do a little shopping at the pier shop before heading home after a full day.
Escape Cocoa Beach: Get your thinking caps on and head on over to Escape Cocoa Beach. See if you and the kids can escape before time is up by working together to solve puzzles, crack the code, find hidden items, and so much more. Think you got what it takes to escape in 60-minutes or less? Choose your room and find out.
Cocoa Beach Aerial Adventures: When looking to do something new with the kids, getting a birds-eye view of Cocoa Beach while simultaneously working through different challenges and obstacles may be the thing to do. Cocoa Beach Aerial Adventures offers seven different courses with three levels of difficulty: beginner, intermediate, and expert. Perfect for all ages.
Lighthouse Cove: Fore! Practice that golf swing before you stop at Lighthouse Cove. This fun and entertaining putt-putt course gives you two “fun-for-all” courses to choose from. Whether you want a winding course with waterfalls and hills at Paradise Falls, or you are looking to not lose your ball but instead master caves and rolling terrain at Lost Lagoon, you and your kids will have a blast as you see who comes out on top and lands the coveted hole in one!
The Dinosaur Store: If you want to give your kids a good time while also letting them learn, then you’ll want to check out The Dinosaur Store and Museum of Dinosaurs and Ancient Cultures. This two in one attraction allows you to step back in time to the prehistoric age where T-Rex roamed the earth. But don’t worry, T-Rex is just bones now and on display, leaving you plenty of space to roam and get an up-close look at fossils, dinosaur teeth and eggs. The on-site Adventure Zone gives you a hands-on, interactive, and educational experience that everyone can enjoy.
Want more fun that doesn’t cost anything? Check out these free things to do that round out your time in Cocoa Beach with the kids.
- Florida Surf Museum – Located inside the rental shop at Ron Jon Surf Shop, peruse the rich surf history of Cocoa Beach, past, present, and future.
- Cocoa Beach Surf Company – If you want to keep the kids entertained, Cocoa Beach Surf Company has huge fish tanks where all different kinds of fish are swimming around. How many can you identify and did you find Nemo? This is also another fun and educational experience for you and the kids.
- Kelly Slater Statue – If you are looking for a hot spot for a photo op, then head over to Downtown Cocoa Beach and snap a shot or two with Cocoa Beach’s famous surfer, Kelly Slater, well a statue of him that is. World Champion surfer Kelly Slater has made a name for himself across the world, but he mastered his skills right here in Cocoa Beach!
There are so many ways to explore Cocoa Beach with your kids and these ideas just barely touch the iceberg. For more things to do and how to make this visit to Cocoa Beach a memorable one, check out the links below or the Space Coast Vacation Planner to finish out planning the rest of your trip.
Let’s see how you spent your time in Cocoa Beach with your kids, so post pictures and videos and tag us using #SpaceCoast.
Follow us here:
New to Instagram? Download the app here for your IOS or Android device.