About Space Coast
Welcome to Florida’s Space Coast – Orlando’s closest beaches!
Looking for a destination with MORE of Florida in one space? Florida’s Space Coast is the only coastal choice with 72 miles of accessible ocean beaches; space-age attractions; America’s most diverse estuary; and the largest sea turtle nesting area in the country.
With access to wide-open beaches, endless biking, hiking and paddling trails, and lively downtown districts filled with unique dining and entertainment options, there's plenty of space for you here.
- Florida’s largest manatee and sea turtle habitats
- Home of America's Space Program and live rocket launches
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Legendary Cocoa Beach, the east coast surfing capital
- One-of-a-kind Ron Jon Surf Shop
- Brevard Zoo – one of the highest rated zoos in the country
- Some of Florida’s best championship golf courses
- World class fresh, brackish and salt water fishing
- Offshore gaming on Victory Casino Cruises
- Four downtown districts with shopping, dining and entertainment
- Downtown districts filled with scratch kitchens and craft breweries for unforgettable nightlife experiences
- Airboat and kayak ecotours
- Hidden Gems Self-Guided Driving Tours
- The largest Birding and Wildlife Festival in the U.S.
The Space Coast is just 45-minutes east of Orlando, Florida and the Orlando International Airport and is also home to the Orlando-Melbourne International Airport. Cities located on Florida's Space Coast are: Titusville, Cape Canaveral, Cocoa, Cocoa Beach, Melbourne, Viera, Melbourne Beaches and Palm Bay.
Plan a romantic weekend getaway for two, a fun-filled vacation for the family, or just a weekend gathering with good friends. Click here to receive a Free Visitor's Guide by mail. Along with information on this site, the guide will help visitors to:
- Learn how to surf the waves in Cocoa Beach
- Kayak in the Indian River Lagoon or Turkey Creek Sanctuary
- Spend the day in historic Cocoa Village, Melbourne or Titusville
- Shop and dine at the Avenue Viera
Timing is everything. So also check out the event and launch schedules on this site. Whatever the reason for visiting, Florida's Space Coast has your space for making memories.