Fireworks and fun for the whole family this 4th of July on the Space Coast
Florida’s Space Coast is showing up for 4th of July this year! With 3 nights of fireworks displays all throughout the county, performances by the Brevard Symphony Orchestra, our traditional 4th of July Parade and Mel-BOOM in Historic Downtown Melbourne, and an incredible display a the USSSA Stadium in Viera, you’re in for a holiday weekend your family will treasure forever.
- Thunder Over the Indian River Fireworks | Titusville
- Independence Day Celebration | Palm Bay
- Smoke on the Water & Fire in the Sky | Port Canaveral
- Smoke on the Water & Fire in the Sky | Cocoa Beach
- Brevard Symphony Orchestra’s Symphony Under the Stars | Cocoa Village
- Viera’s Great American Celebration | Viera
- “Red, White and Boom” 4th of July Celebration | Titusville
- MelBOOM! 4th of July Fireworks Celebration | Melbourne
Where to Eat on the 4th of July
Finding your 4th of July hot dog and BBQ fix is easy here on the Space Coast. With local spots like Cryderman’s in Cocoa Village and Melbourne, and Slow & Low in Cocoa Beach and Viera, no matter what fireworks show you to make it to, you’ll find some delicious food to complement your long weekend away!
Can’t go wrong with Cryderman’sThe only thing better than BBQ on the 4th of July is a scoop of ice cream! Check out this interactive Google Map of all the ice cream spots on the Space Coast so you can find the scoop closest to you!
Check out these Great Space Coast Meat Markets
Grill up some of your own favorites this 4th of July. Quality meat markets pepper the Space Coast and a perfect way to lay low and enjoy grilling at your vacation rental, or at one of our incredible parks, this weekend. Each has its own specialty items, spice blends, and recipes you can’t find anywhere else. Check out their Facebook pages to see current specials!
- Wassi’s Meat Market – Melbourne
- Petty’s Meat Market – Melbourne
- Green Turtle Market – Indian Harbor Beach
- Djon’s Village Market – Indialantic
- Canaveral Meats & Deli – Cape Canaveral
- Seafood Atlantic – Port Canaveral
- Hayes Meats and Gourmet Market – Merritt Island
- Coastal Produce Market – Cocoa Beach
- Wild Ocean Seafood Market – Titusville
Boat Ramp Access on the Space Coast
There is no better way to celebrate the 4th of July than cruising the Indian River Lagoon. If you’re in town just for the weekend, there are a few boat and jet ski rental operations ready to get you on the water. Make sure you make your reservations as soon as possible to secure your vessel, it’s gonna be a busy weekend.
Bringing your own boat to the Space Coast? Check out this incredible map of boat ramps in the area to figure out your best site to launch!Access the Interactive FWC Boat Ramp Map
Boat Safety on the Space Coast
4th of July weekend is a busy time on the Indian River Lagoon and at boat ramps all over the county. While you’re out boating, pay attention to channel markers and no-wake zones. The Lagoon is very shallow with an average depth of 4 feet. Remember that sand bars shift, so it’s easy to run aground if you’re not paying attention.
Alcohol and boating do not mix, FWC officers will be out patrolling the lagoon this weekend to make sure boaters are keeping other boaters, kayakers, swimmers, and other people enjoying the water safe this wonderful holiday weekend.
The Space Coast is also home to many manatees. Wearing polarized lenses will help you spot these sea cows making their way through the lagoon. While they like to frequent certain areas we designate as “No Wake” and “Manatee Zones” they are wild animals that move freely through their natural habitat.
If you see an injured manatee this 4th of July weekend, make sure to call FWC at 1-888-404-FWCC. You’ll need to provide them with the location where you spotted the injured manatee and the condition it’s in.
You’ve seen the fireworks in the sky, now see their natural counterpart underwater. July is prime bioluminescence season. Make sure you book one of these night-time eco-tours to see this natural phenomenon light up the waters of the Indian River Lagoon.
Check tour availability with each operator, and make sure you book your excursion in advance. They will sell out!
- Fin Expeditions
- BK Adventures
- A Day Away Kayak Adventures
- Cocoa Kayaking
- Calypso Kayaking
- Adventure Kayak of Cocoa Beach
- Sobe Surf
- A1A Beach Rentals and Outdoor Center
- Banana River Boat Tours
Some other travel tips to consider when planning for a bioluminescence experience:
- Bring and wear insect repellant, the Mosquito Lagoon lives up to its name.
- Know you will get wet, so dress accordingly.
- Bring a change of clothes for the ride back to your hotel or vacation rental.
- Bring bottled water, tours last about an hour.
Where to Stay this 4th of July
How do you like to travel? Here on the Space Coast there are incredible accommodations for everyone!
- Looking for an RV Campground? Here are a few of our favorite places to park an RV.
- Spacious vacation rentals for your large family or group more your style? Check out our Vacation Rental Listings.
- Hotels that can hook your family up with packages to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex and other local attractions? Check out our Legendary Cocoa Beach Hotels.
Start planning now for your Space Coast 4th of July getaway. From fireworks and food to unforgettable experiences on the Lagoon, the Space Coast is the only place you’ll want to be this holiday weekend.