Important Visitor Updates
As the Space Coast begins to reopen our natural spaces, unique attractions, and local businesses, we want to keep you informed on how to safely plan your stay with us. Please refer to the following information and links to guide your decisions upon returning to the Space Coast.
Based on Governor DeSantis's Executive Order 20-112 instating Phase 1 of the Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan For Florida’s Recovery Post COVID-19 Emergency, Brevard County's Limitation of Tourism and Lodging order has expired reopening hotels and motels to allow leisure travelers.
Restaurants will be allowed to re-open, with outdoor seating for groups of less than 10 and with tables 6 feet apart. Indoor seating will be allowed at 50% of building capacity. We encourage you to call ahead, as some locations may still be closed to indoor dining with delivery and curbside pickup available. On-site sale and retail businesses will be allowed to operate at 50% occupancy, as well.
Resident and Essential Visitor Resources
- The Visitor Information Center operated by the Space Coast Office of Tourism in Cocoa Village will open May 18 at 10 a.m. Calls and emails will be answered during normal business hours.
- Brevard County government offices will reopen on Monday, May 18, with social distancing measures in place. Some offices will operate by appointment only.
- For information on special hotel rates for health professionals and first responders, local businesses and restaurants that remain open, and educational resources for digital learning, see our Digital Resources page.
- Check out this list of Space Coast restaurants offering limited seating, take-out, and delivery services.
Information Regarding Scheduled Human Spaceflight
We're excited about the return to human space flight from Florida's Space Coast and understand the caution around traveling to view this historic launch. The space industry has been a pillar of our economy and tourism for decades, and with every milestone mission we see an influx of visitors.
We encourage visitors to follow guidelines set by state and local government and as current orders have been updated allowing tourists to stay in our hotels, we would welcome people to do that while abiding by all the guidance given by the Department of Health and CDC.
There is plenty of room along our 72 miles of coastline to watch the launch and practice social distancing but we urge visitors to plan ahead. Beachside parking is now open to vehicles. For safety we do not want people pulling off on the side of roads or causeways. This is very unsafe and creates life threatening situations.
For helpful information regarding launch viewing, traffic, and hotel information please see this Launch Resource Page. For updates, please sign up for Brevard County Alerts, download our Launch Console app, and visit Kennedy Space Center's page for this launch.
Information Regarding Beach Access
- Brevard County beaches are currently open in accordance with CDC social distancing of 6 feet between individuals and no groups larger than 10. For County COVID-19 updates, visit BrevardFL.Gov.
- Please check with the individual locations for more details on their current beach guidelines.
Information Regarding National and State Park Openings
At this time, Canaveral National Seashore/Playalinda Beach is closed until further notice.
Effective Monday, May 4, DEP will implement phase one to reopen the Florida State Parks. During this early phase of re-opening, visitors should expect limited hours, capacity and amenities. Phase one includes approximately 80 parks and trails throughout Florida. Portions of these parks and trails have been identified that can be reopened for day use with limited risk to visitors and staff. Visitors are expected to maintain safe social distances of at least 6 feet apart and limit group size to 10 people.
- Sebastian Inlet State Park
- Open for day use at the A1A day use parking area only from 8 a.m. to sunset. Visitors may engage in active recreation, such as walking, jogging, swimming, surfing and fishing. Restrooms and trash cans are available, all other park facilities are closed.
Information Regarding Brevard County Campgrounds
Brevard County Campgrounds: Manatee Hammock, Titusville; Wickham Park, Melbourne; and Long Point, just north of Sebastian; are open at no more than 50% capacity. Every other campsite can be occupied. Further details can be found here.
- Current recommendations include avoiding groups of 10 or more and social distancing at 6 feet.
- Brevard County has canceled all non-governmental group meetings, activities, and events through the end of April including all non-governmental meetings scheduled at County facilities, libraries, and parks.
- You may call 211 Brevard by simply dialing 2-1-1 on your phone between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. for any COVID-19 questions or assistance you may need.
- Florida Department of Health has set up a statewide call center for any questions. You can reach them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 866-779-6121 or email at
- World Health Organization COVID-19 update
- CDC Situation Summary
- PCMA’s resource hub: What Business Event Professionals Need to Know
About the COVID-19
- U.S. Travel Association’s COVID-19 Toolkit
Special Consideration for Cruise Ship Passengers:
- Guidelines for Cruise Ship Passengers by the US Department of State
- Guidelines for Cruise Ship Passengers by the CDC
- Please visit Port Canaveral's Newsroom for updates
Special Consideration for Airline Passengers:
Small Business Resources
Small Business Guide to CARES Act (View PDF)
- https://careersourceflorida.com/covid-19/ - Mobile friendly site with statewide resources in one place including U.S. SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans information
- http://www.floridajobs.org/ - Information on the Reemployment Assistance Program for both the employer and employee and Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan program
- https://www.flchamber.com/follow-facts-not-fear/ - Florida Chamber of Commerce Resources
- https://www.visitflorida.com/en-us/florida-now.html - Visit Florida is aggregating statewide tourism information for visitors
- https://www.floridadisaster.org/sert/esf/#collapse-7738 - Florida Division of Emergency Management - select ESF #18 for Business, Industry and Economic Stabilization agencies