Grants for 2022-2023 Fiscal Year Approved
Grant cycles for the 2022-2023 fiscal year have closed with award recipients being notified. For more information on grants or recipients, please email Meagan Happel, Public Relations Manager, to be put in contact with the appropriate staff member.
Sports, Cycle 1
- Cocoa Beach Half Marathon: Smooth Running LLC, October 15-16, $13,076
- Space Coast Cup Soccer: Space Coast United Soccer Club, November 11-13, $12,675
- Softball Magazine Senior Softball Camp: Brevard Softball Magazine, Nov. 16-19, $3,725
- Florida Marathon Weekend: Smooth Running LLC, Feb. 11-12, $14,895
- Moon Golf Invitational: University of Louisville, Feb. 19-21 2023, $5,841
- Space Coast Showdown Soccer: Gorges Classic Soccer Tournaments, March 2-6 2023, $15,750
- Beach 'N Boards Fest: March 8-12, 2023, $17,160
- American Cancer Society Gateway to Space Race: March 11, 2023, $5,310
- Softball Magazine Spring Training: Brevard Softball Magazine, March 15-18, 2023, $5,820
Sports, Cycle 2
- 2023 Space Coast Clash Soccer Tournament: April 1 – 3, 2023, $15,000.00
- Cocoa Beach Triathlon and Duathlon: April 16, 2023, $11,500.00
- Eastern Surfing Association Southeast Regional Surfing Championships: April 21-23, 2023, $17,760.00
- National Kidney Foundation Rich Salick Surf Fest: September 2 – 4, 2023, $12,000.00
Sports New Events
- Moon Golf Junior Championship: April 20 – 23, 2023, $5,910.00
- Melbourne Main Street: $20,000
- Space Coast Symphony Orchestra: $20,000
- Titusville Playhouse: $20,000
- City of Palm Bay: $10,000
- Field Manor Foundation: $10,000
- Surfside Playhouse: $10,000
Tourism + Lagoon Grants
- Restoring seagrass for improved natural resilience (Brevard County Natural Resources Management Department), $250,000.
- Titusville Causeway multi-trophic shoreline stabilization and resiliency action project, phase 2C (Brevard County Natural Resources Management Department), $250,000.
- Brevard County oyster restoration (Brevard Zoo), $113,840.
- Innovative solutions for protecting our public spaces (Marine Resources Council), $49,999.
- Satellite Beach adopt-a-canal (city of Satellite Beach), $49,999.
- Samsons Island submerged lands restoration, Phase 3 (city of Satellite Beach), $49,839.
- Derelict vessel removal (Brevard Country Natural Resources Management Department/Boating & Waterways), $49,300.
- Restoration of native clam communities in the Indian River Lagoon for improved water quality and economic resiliency (University of Florida Whitney Laboratory), $49,100.
- Keep Brevard Beautiful flex team North Banana River Drive litter removal (Keep Brevard Beautiful), $40,000.
- New swell mangrove restoration and outreach project (Sea Redwine), $37,266.
Capital Facilities Grants
- Brevard Zoo/East Coast Zoological Society: $15m over 10 years for the aquarium project
- Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum: $750,000 for museum expansion & event center
Meagan Happel, PR Manager