2021 I Love My Island 5K
3rd Annual A Run Through Paradise!
Take a run through beautiful "old" Florida. Your journey begins at St. Luke's Episcopal Church where the chapel, built in 1888, is still in use. Made of old pine and showcasing the original stained-glass windows, this chapel is available for worship, weddings and community activities. Continue up North Tropical Trail under majestic live oak and pine trees covered in Spanish moss. You'll pass Sam's House, the oldest home in Brevard County and one of the original orange groves and to the finish line around the historic cemetery where members of the Island's pioneer families are buried to the finish line. The tree lined course shows the beauty of the Island and is filled with historical significance. After the race, members of the St. Luke's family will answer questions about the cemetery and give short tours of the chapel. This is a run to remember!
To Benefit: I LOVE MY ISLAND, INC. a non-profit dedicated to helping children, seniors and families in the Merritt Island, area.
* "A Run Through Paradise" performance T-Shirt (guaranteed size if registered by September 4th)
* All participants will be eligible for drawing for a "Runner's Basket" including a $100 gift certificate from the Running Zone
* Refreshments after the race
* Family friendly - bring the kids!
* Vendor booths, chapel tours and historic cemetery tours.