2021 Space Coast Marathon & Half-Marathon
Running Zone Foundation and Space Coast Runners welcome you to the 50th running of the Space Coast Marathon & Half Marathon – Florida’s oldest marathon. We invite runners and walkers alike to experience one of the most beautiful USATF certified waterfront courses on the east coast of Florida.
Our event starts in the historic and quaint Cocoa Village, and finishes along the river in Lee Wenner Park and Cocoa Riverfront Park where family and friends can cheer and watch your finish.
As our race is held within the shadow of the Kennedy Space Center, the entire event revolves around a space theme sure to delight and energize our participants.
Safety protocols and practices based on local health guidelines and industry best practices will be utilized on race day. We will communicate these to all event participants as part of our Captain’s Logs.
As part of the celebration of the Space Coast, here are some of the amenities planned this year:
- Custom “Space-themed” Medal and a photo opportunity area to recognize and commemorate your accomplishment
- Start your race to the roar of a rocket launch countdown and liftoff on the Jumbotron
- The Health & Fitness Expo will be held at Cocoa Riverfront Park (race site) For more details, see the Expo page.
- “Space” Props along course and at finish line area
- “Space” Themed Water/Aid Stations all along course
- Volunteers in NASA-like uniforms and hats
- You may have seen us at many running events’ expos around the country handing out MoonPies at the Space Coast Marathon & Half Marathon booth. (astronaut booth) Moonpie is the Official “Space” Snack of the Space Coast Marathon & Half Marathon. All registrants will now receive a Moonpie at our Health & Fitness expo the day before race day!