5 Ways to Stay Active on your Cocoa Beach Vacation
Going on vacation doesn’t mean you should have to give up your fitness routine. And if you are not from the area, why not take advantage of the beautiful surroundings Florida’s Space Coast has to offer, and get your sweat on outdoors?
Here are some places you can go and things you can do to keep up your fitness routine, both inside and out, for different levels of intensity in the Cocoa Beach area.
- HIIT the Gym: If you’re looking for serious training and have CrossFit experience, Crossfit Cocoa Beach offers a pass for $20 per day. Or, Consider stopping by Cocoa Beach Health & Fitness. It's the perfect place for those looking for a wide variety of workout offerings along with a full gym. Classes range from spinning, pilates, senior fitness, and Zumba, and participants can also choose daily and weekly passes.
- Work Out with Nature: Why stay inside when Florida’s Space Coast provides a variety of activities that allow you to experience the best of the natural world? Kayaking is a great upper body workout and offers the chance to explore islands and view a wide variety of birds, fish, manatees, alligators, and dolphins. No kayak, no problem. Calypso Kayaking will set you up with a kayak or a guided tour for a reasonable rate. Stand-up paddleboarding is another fitness trend on the rise, and the folks at Cocoa Beach Paddle Boarding are happy to teach beginners.
- Hit the Waves: No beach vacation would be complete without trying your hand at surfing or kiteboarding. If you’ve never been on a board before, don’t let that stop you. Private kiteboarding lessons are available from 321 KiteBoarding & Watersports in Cocoa Beach and start at $149 for 90 minutes. Meanwhile, Surf Lessons Florida has all of your surfing needs under control. Private lessons start at $50 an hour, and group lessons can also be arranged if you want your whole family to participate.
- Fitness with a Touch of Zen: Infinity Yoga and Wellness Center in Cocoa Beach offers a wide variety of classes for those wanting to experience different levels of yoga. Walk-in classes are only $10, and you can even try yoga while on a paddle board! If you are looking to participate in Pilates, My Absolute Pilates is a fully-equipped studio, in which you can catch a class for $16-21, depending on the level you would like to experience.
- Bike Rides: Is getting around on two wheels more your speed? You can rent bicycles for cruising along Cocoa Beach at Scooters-N-Spokes starting at just $10 for four hours. Don’t forget; anytime you are participating in outdoor activities, be sure to use plenty of sunscreen and mosquito repellent. We don’t want you going home with a sunburn.
If you would like more ideas on fitness-related activities on Florida’s Space Coast, please click here. With even more things to try, such as golf, skate parks, and tennis, there is something for everyone to do, no matter what level or preference of fitness.