Top 8 Reasons to Attend Art & Algorithms
WHAT: ART & ALGORITHMS On Florida’s Space Coast
WHEN: Tuesday, January 31 through Sunday, February 5, 2017
WHERE: Titusville, Florida (in Sand Point Park)
Maybe you’ve never heard of Art & Algorithms or maybe you’re the event’s biggest fan. Either way, Arts & Algorithms is a digital arts festival that celebrates art in the digital domain. From work that entertains to work that educates, the art on display at this year’s Art & Algorithms will truly take your breath away.
This is one art festival you don’t want to miss! Here’s the top eight reasons why you should mark your calendar for this one-of-a-kind art festival.
1. Virtual Reality Lab – Sure you’ve seen 360, virtual reality videos on Facebook…you know the ones that require you to tilt your phone one way and then the other way to see it all. But have you ever used a Google Carboard viewer to experience another reality? It’s difficult to imagine how cool this technology is until you have seen it for yourself, and at Art & Algorithms you’ll have multiple, pre-loaded virtual reality videos to experience.
2. Interactive Fun – Art & Algorithms has interactive fun for all ages. It’s ok…go ahead and put your hands in the sand at the Augmented Reality Sandbox.
3. Learn to Paint – Yes, you can really learn to paint at this workshop by Corliss Blakely. Granted, it is a digital paint class…meaning you’ll learn to paint on an iPad, but nonetheless, you can walk away saying you know how to paint.
4. Google Tilt - If you’ve never heard of Google Tilt, you’re in for a treat! See how artists paint in 3D space with virtual reality.
5. The Pool - We know, you’re thinking a literal pool, but we’re actually talking about artist Jen Lewin’s The Pool. This interactive exhibit has more than 100 circular pads you step on to create art (sound, light, color) by yourself or with many others.
6. Arboria – Comprised of a dazzling maze of winding paths and soaring domes, Arboria by Architects of Air is one of the world’s largest luminaria. It will be like entering a whole new world of light and color.
7. Films - Award-winning short films will be presented in Downtown Titusville in 2nd Stage and on the green in the park, day or night viewing. Bring your lawn chairs and hang out.
8. Food Trucks – Not only are you feeding your inner artist, you can also refuel at one of the many food trucks available during the festival. I mean, who doesn’t love a good food truck?
Art & Algorithms takes place October 11-16 when the temperature will be perfect on Florida’s Space Coast. Take your time roaming around Titusville and enjoy all that there is to see at Art & Algorithms 2016. For more information about this upcoming event, check out their website here, their Facebook or Twitter channel.