Florida’s Space Coast Honeymoon Itinerary
Set Sail into Wedded Bliss
“Where shall we honeymoon? Anywhere under the sky.” ~Tessa Dare
You’ve said your, “I do’s,” tossed the bouquet, celebrated with friends and family and now it’s time to get away, just the two of you. There’s no better way to start a marriage than with enjoying quality one-on-one time with each other, having fun, continuing to build the foundation of friendship, and making memories that, years later, you can tell your kids and grandkids about. And since the Space Coast is home to one of the most sought-after ports to set sail from, taking a honeymoon cruise is a great option to make the most of the start to your life together.
There are plenty of snooze ‘n cruise packages that offer great deals so you can enjoy the area before heading to the boat. So, to ensure that you have a relaxing time before hitting the open seas and to help you have the honeymoon you won’t soon forget, we’ve crafted a full itinerary, from start to finish that will have you cruising into wedded bliss.
- 4 p.m. - Arrive to the Space Coast to kick off your honeymoon as you settle into your choice of accommodation.
- 5 p.m. – Freshen up and head out to dinner at Rising Tide, located at The Cove, where you will enjoy breathtaking views of the Exploration Tower while experiencing the craveable, shareable, and crafted food and drinks the menu has to offer.
- 7 p.m. - Grab some post dinner drinks at the Cocoa Beach Pier where you can cozy up under the stars with a gorgeous view of the moonlit Atlantic Ocean.
- 10 p.m. – Head back to your place and get a good night’s rest.
- 9 a.m. – Arrive to Kennedy Space Center and see why this area is called the Space Coast. Not into space history? No worries. Instead, enjoy an epic day of adventure with a trip to Cocoa Beach Surf Company, or get a bird’s eye view of our pristine beach with Cocoa Beach Parasailing, or better yet, get your sea legs ready and score the catch of the day with a fishing charter.
- 12 p.m. – If you end up skipping out on going to Kennedy Space Center and instead opted for an outdoor adventure, you’ll want to make sure you keep that belly full by grabbing lunch at Slow and Low Barbecue.
- 6 p.m. – Enjoy dinner at Thai Thai for a fusion of Thai and Japanese cuisine. Not a big fan of sushi? There are plenty of other restaurants at Port Canaveral like Rusty’s for raw oysters, Grills for live music, or Fishlips for a unique cocktail.
- 5 a.m. – You’ll want to get up early to take in a Space Coast sunrise before venturing out to Downtown Cocoa Beach for breakfast at Café Surfinista. Grab a coffee to go at Juice ‘N Java before heading back to your place to get packed up and dressed and even a quick power nap.
- 10 a.m. – After checking out of your accommodations, squeeze in one more activity like a zip line tour or miniature golf, before heading to the Port to board your ship. Feeling a little nervous that adding in an adventure before boarding your ship could cut your time too close? Check out the Exploration Tower you were admiring the first night you arrived. It’s located right there at the port.
- 2 p.m. – Now that you’ve thoroughly enjoyed your time on the Space Coast, if you aren’t already at the port, make your way there now in order to board your ship and get ready to set sail. Once you’ve made it on board, your ship’s crew will happily take over your personalized honeymoon experience from there.
If you like to be a bit more spontaneous and would prefer to not have a full itinerary, but rather be picked up from the airport, head to your choice of accommodation and then see where the winds take you before setting sail, there are several hotels on the Space Coast that will pick you up from the airport. You can find out which places offer that service, as well as places to eat and things to do that put in you in control of where you go and what you experience on the Space Coast before by following the links below. Just make sure you head to your ship with plenty of time before it sets sail.
Whether you use the itinerary above or create your own pre-cruise experience, thanks for letting the Space Coast help you set sail into wedded bliss. Happy Honeymoon Sailing!
We want to see your honeymoon adventures so take pictures and videos and make sure you follow and tag us using #SpaceCoast
Follow us here:
New to Instagram? Download the app here for your IOS or Android device.