A new holiday tradition
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! As plans for holiday fun start to fill the calendar, a quick getaway may be just what your family needs to recharge and close out the year. Florida’s Space Coast is located on Central Florida’s East Coast, Orlando’s closest beach, and home to some of the most stunning natural landscapes in the state! With safety-conscious attractions, endless trails, and natural places to explore, there’s something for everyone in your family to relax, recharge, and enjoy their holiday in the sun!
Holiday Events on The Space Coast
It’s not hard to get into the holiday spirit here on the Space Coast. With unforgettable events like Surfin’ Santas, Holidays in Space, and the Space Coast Lightfest, not only will you make memories, but you may just start a new tradition.
The Space Coast is peppered with pristine golf courses that feature unique play and landscapes! So unique, you may even see a rocket take off from the tee box. A day out on the green is a great gift this holiday and an opportunity to try out some new clubs with a group of your closest loved ones. If putting around is more your style, head over to one of the miniature golf courses to score that coveted hole-in-one in a socially distanced setting with the whole family.
Golf Courses: PGA-style
- Duran Golf Club | Viera
- Cocoa Beach Country Club | Cocoa Beach
- The Savannahs | Merritt Island
- Spessard Holland Golf Course | Melbourne Beach
Miniature Golf Courses
On the Space Coast, we dream of a Surfing Christmas! If your children are wanting to get their start on a new skill (or join our Surfing Santas) surfing lessons are a great gift you can give while on your quick weekend getaway! While the surfers learn to hang ten, the rest of the family can soak up some much-needed beach time and comb the beach for nature’s stocking stuffers, SEASHELLS!
- Wavemaster Surf School | Cape Canaveral
- Ron Jon Surf School | Cocoa Beach
- Cocoa Beach Surf School | Cocoa Beach
- Surfguys Surf School | Melbourne Beach
Nothing brings the family together like a fishing trip out to sea! Port Canaveral is home to many fishing captains ready to take you on your bucket list trip offshore. With charters geared toward families and experienced anglers looking for a trophy fish, you’re sure to find your families new favorite holiday tradition.
- Anglers Envy Fishing Charters | Cape Canaveral
- Arts Adventure Sport Fishing Charters | Cape Canaveral
- Fired Up Fishing Charters | Cape Canaveral
- Obsession Fishing Charters | Cape Canaveral
- Sea Levelers Sport Fishing Charter | Cape Canaveral
- Salt & Savagery Adventure Charters | Sebastian Inlet
Inshore Lagoon Fishing
- Central Florida Sight Fishing Charters | Cape Canaveral
- Fin & Fly Fishing Charters | Cocoa Beach
- Fine Line Charters w/ Capt. Jim Ross | Various Locations
- Lagooner Fishing Guides | Cocoa Beach
- Native Son Fishing Charter | Cocoa Beach
The Brevard Zoo, Kennedy Space Center and all the other attractions on the Space Coast have a fun time decorating for the holidays. Stop by any of our attractions for fun experience sprinkled with cheer.
- Brevard Zoo | Melbourne
- Kennedy Space Center | Merritt Island
- Exploration Tower | Cape Canaveral
- Route 7 Adrenaline Warehouse | Rockledge
The Space Coast is known for its great weather all year long. Our winters are a particularly amazing time to get outside. If you’re planning to spend part of the holiday season on the Space Coast, there are plenty of ways to enjoy the outdoors. Full of trails, hidden pathways to enchanting nature walks, wildlife to see like manatees, birds, otters, and alligators, as well as canals to explore via kayak or paddleboard. The opportunities are endless on how you can get out and enjoy the sunny skies and the natural beauty of the Space Coast with your family this holiday season.
- Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge | Titusville
- Rotary Park | Merritt Island
- Ritch Grissom Memorial Wetlands | Viera
- St. Sebastian River Preserve State Park | Fellsmere
- Enchanted Forest | Titusville
- Wickham Park | Melbourne
- Barrier Island Sanctuary | Melbourne Beach
- Turkey Creek Sanctuary | Palm Bay
- Boat Tours | Cape Canaveral
- Kayak Tours | Cocoa Beach
- Camp Holly Airboat Tours | Melbourne
- Paddle Board Tours | Melbourne Beach
- Space View Park | Titusville
- Jetty Park | Cape Canaveral
- Lori Wilson Park | Cocoa Beach
- Sebastian Inlet State Park | Melbourne Beach
Forget to get a few stocking stuffers before you headed out on your quick holiday getaway. Enjoy quaint, boutique shopping for those last-minute gifts where you’ll find one-of-a-kind works of art and fashionables as well tasty treats and collectibles as you stroll along historic streets. The Space Coast has a few downtown shopping districts where those who want to peruse the stores can shop ‘til they drop while the rest of the family can play outside, enjoy wall murals, or grab a delicious, creative meal at one of the many local restaurants.
Now that you have all that you need to plan out the most perfect holiday getaway here on the Space Coast, the only thing left to do is book your accommodations and work in the restaurants you’d like the check out. The links below will help you find the best place to rest your head and fill your belly with some of the best food around.
May this be a holiday season you won’t forget! See you soon on the Florida’s Space Coast!