Thanksgiving 2019 on Florida’s Space Coast
Have an attitude of gratitude this year!
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever enough.” ~Oprah Winfrey~
It is already that time of the year where gratitude is the theme, but how often do we get trapped in forgetting that being grateful can and should be an everyday way of living? Sometimes getting out of a routine will help spark a change in thinking. How about changing gears this year and start a new tradition with a trip to Florida’s Space Coast? Or if you call Florida home, why not see what other areas like to do during this time of the year. Either way, whether you are a local or a guest, the Space Coast offers something for everyone to have an attitude of gratitude this year!
Serve or Be Served
Planning and prepping for a proper Thanksgiving meal means starting preparations days or maybe weeks before the big day. Perhaps you’re not too sure you want to be the one to do all the serving and this year will look a little different. Doesn’t it sound good to be the one being served instead? Check out some of the Space Coast’s top restaurants offering yummy servings. It’s recommended to call ahead for reservations.
- Meg O’Malley's | Melbourne | (321) 952-2210
- Hilton Rialto | Melbourne | (321) 768-0200
- Matt’s Casbah | Melbourne | (321) 574-1099
- Duran Tradewinds | Viera | (321) 504-7776
- River Rocks | Rockledge | (321) 757-7200
- Hilton Cocoa Beach | Cocoa Beach | (321) 799-0344
- La Cita Golf & Country Club | Titusville | (321) 383-2582
When you want to eat all the food without a care in the world, what better way to make sure you can eat all the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie than to burn some calories before and after the big meal? Slip on those running shoes and make room for all that food.
- Space Coast Turkey Trot 5K & 10K | Melbourne | 7:30 a.m. Thanksgiving Day
- Cocoa Beach Turkey Trot 5K| Cocoa Beach | 8 a.m. Thanksgiving Day
- Space Coast Half & Full Marathon | Cocoa Village | 6 a.m. Thanksgiving Sunday
Deal or No Deal
Shop ‘til you drop and see if you go home with some deals during the post-Thanksgiving Day shopping extravaganza. Whether you prefer the big-name department stores or wanting to find unique items, the Space Coast has plenty of opportunities to either start or finish up your holiday shopping.
- Cocoa Beach Art Show | Cocoa Beach | November 30-December 1, 2019
- Shop Small Sip & Stroll | Cocoa Village | November 30, 2019
A Family Affair
Spending time with the ones we love, whether it’s with family or friends, makes the holidays all the more fun. Here are a few activities that everyone, no matter the age, can enjoy together! Hanging out as a family isn’t that hard when you spend Thanksgiving here.
- Space Coast Lightfest | Melbourne | November 18-January 1, 2019
- Light Up Viera | Viera | November 30, 2019
- Painting with a Twist | Cocoa & Melbourne | November 29-30, 2019
- Elf: The Musical | Downtown Titusville | November 29-December 1, 2019
- Irving Berlin’s White Christmas: The Musical | Cocoa Village | November 29-December 1, 2019
Whether you are a local or a guest of the Space Coast this Thanksgiving, these are just a few ways to enjoy the day as we remember the joy of being thankful. If you want to check out more ways to spend your Thanksgiving on the Space Coast, check out the Space Coast Vacation Planner or the links below to help you plan.
Let’s see how you spent your Thanksgiving on the Space Coast, so post pictures and videos and tag us using #SpaceCoast.
Follow us here:
New to Instagram? Download the app here for your IOS or Android device.