Planning a Holiday Getaway to Florida's Space Coast
A new holiday tradition
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! As plans for holiday fun start to fill the calendar, a quick getaway may be just what your family needs to recharge and close out a very strange year. Florida’s Space Coast is located on Central Florida's East Coast, Orlando's closest beach, and home to some of the most stunning natural landscapes in the state! With safety-conscious attractions, endless trails, and natural places to explore, there's something for everyone in your family to relax, recharge, and enjoy their holiday in the sun!
The Space Coast is peppered with pristine golf courses that feature unique play and landscapes! So unique, you may even see a rocket take off from the tee box. A day out on the green is a great gift this holiday and an opportunity to try out some new clubs with a group of your closest loved ones. If putting around is more your style, head over to one of the miniature golf courses to score that coveted hole-in-one in a socially distanced setting with the whole family.
Golf Courses: PGA-style
- Duran Golf Club | Viera
- Cocoa Beach Country Club | Cocoa Beach
- The Savannahs | Merritt Island
- Spessard Holland Golf Course | Melbourne Beach
- The Majors at Bayside Lake | Palm Bay
Miniature Golf Courses
On the Space Coast, we dream of a Surfing Christmas! If your children are wanting to get their start on a new skill, surfing lessons are a great gift you can give while on your quick weekend getaway! While the surfers learn to hang ten, the rest of the family can soak up some much-needed beach time and comb the beach for nature's stocking stuffers, SEASHELLS!
- Wavemaster Surf School | Cape Canaveral
- Ron Jon Surf School | Cocoa Beach
- Cocoa Beach Surf Company | Cocoa Beach
- Surfguys Surf School | Melbourne Beach
Nothing brings the family together like a fishing trip out to sea! Port Canaveral is home to many fishing captians ready to take you on your bucket list trip offshore. With charters geared toward families and experienced anglers looking for a trophy fish, you're sure to find your families new favorite holiday tradition.
- Anglers Envy Fishing Charters | Cape Canaveral
- Arts Adventure Sport Fishing Charters | Cape Canaveral
- Fired Up Fishing Charters | Cape Canaveral
- Obsession Fishing Charters | Cape Canaveral
- Sea Levelers Sport Fishing Charter | Cape Canaveral
Inshore Lagoon Fishing
- Central Florida Sight Fishing Charters | Cape Canaveral
- Fin & Fly Fishing Charters | Cocoa Beach
- Fine Line Charters w/ Capt. Jim Ross | Various Locations
- Lagooner Fishing Guides | Cocoa Beach
- Native Son Fishing Charter | Cocoa Beach
Attractions on the Space Coast have worked hard to make their facilities as safe as possible. By practicing social distancing, requiring facial coverings and limiting admission, you can expect a comfortable and safe visit to any of our local attractions. Move freely through the Brevard Zoo to kayak with your family through animal enclosures, feel like you've got the entire Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex to yourself, and have some fun with your family this holiday season.
- Andretti Thrill Park | Melbourne
- Brevard Zoo | Melbourne
- The Dinosaur Store and Museum of Ancient Cultures | Cocoa Beach
- Exploration Tower | Cape Canaveral
- Kennedy Space Center | Merritt Island
The Space Coast is known for its great weather all year long. Our winters are a particularly amazing time to get outside. If you’re planning to spend part of the holiday season on the Space Coast, there are plenty of ways to enjoy the outdoors. Full of trails, hidden pathways to enchanting nature walks, wildlife to see like manatees, birds, otters, and alligators, as well as canals to explore via kayak or paddleboard. The opportunities are endless on how you can get out and enjoy the sunny skies and the natural beauty of the Space Coast with your family this holiday season.
- Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge | Titusville
- Rotary Park | Merritt Island
- Ritch Grissom Memorial Wetlands | Viera
- St. Sebastian River Preserve State Park | Fellsmere
- Enchanted Forest | Titusville
- Wickham Park | Melbourne
- Barrier Island Sanctuary | Melbourne Beach
- Turkey Creek Sanctuary | Palm Bay
- Boat Tours | Cape Canaveral
- Kayak Tours | Cocoa Beach
- Camp Holly Airboat Tours | Melbourne
- Paddle Board Tours | Melbourne Beach
- Space View Park | Titusville
- Jetty Park | Cape Canaveral
- Lori Wilson Park | Cocoa Beach
- Sebastian Inlet State Park | Melbourne Beach
The Space Coast offers plenty of ways to get into the holiday spirit and have a fun time with your family and friends. Here are some of the pop-up events that make this time of the year particularly festive.
- Space Coast Light Fest | Melbourne
November 13, 2020 – January 3, 2021
This twinkling light and animated display is a favorite this time of the year. Enjoy a drive through the lighted winter wonderland for a truly magical holiday treat with the family.
- 36th Annual Festival of Trees | Melbourne
November 28 – December 5, 2020
Creativity and art in on display in the storefronts along the streets of the Eau Gallie Arts District. Enjoy Christmas trees all decked out for the holidays. A special lighting event on December 4 will feature trees and wreaths up for auction
- Museums of Brevard Inaugural Christmas Tour of Historic Homes | Various Locations
December 1-20, 2020
Take a walk back in time as you experience the joy of Christmas past in these Victorian homes. Tour all six homes throughout the Space Coast and receive a special Victorian Christmas ornament as a souvenir.
- Surfing Santas | Cocoa Beach
December 24, 2020
Surfing Santas is an iconic gathering of thousands of surfers and spectators. This year, to keep everyone as safe as possible, the event has gone virtual! What does that mean? You can participate in Surfing Santa's from wherever you are! Dress up in you santa garb, go surfing near your hotel wherever it is, strap on a wakeboard, or hop on a SUP and tag #surfingsantas on your photos to share your santa story with the world! They're also working out costume contest prizes and more! Check out their website for the latest details.
Run off all the holiday desserts and jingle your way to the finish line with these annual Space Coast races. Make it a family affair, dress up, and capture photos along the way for a fun way to celebrate the holidays.
- Run Run Santa 1-Mile | Viera
December 19, 2020
Chase down Santa in this fun and short race where everyone, young and old, wins when you cross the finish line. Start your day here before heading to the Jingle Bell 2-miler and make a jolly good day of fun for you and your family.
- Jingle Bell 2-Miler | Satellite Beach
December 19, 2020
Get in on the fun and jingle your way to the finish line. Dress up festive with your family for an evening of holiday fun!
Forget to get a few stocking stuffers before you headed out on your quick holiday getaway. Enjoy quaint, boutique shopping for those last-minute gifts where you’ll find one-of-a-kind works of art and fashionables as well tasty treats and collectibles as you stroll along historic streets. The Space Coast has a few downtown shopping districts where those who want to peruse the stores can shop ‘til they drop while the rest of the family can play outside, enjoy wall murals, or grab a delicious, creative meal at one of the many local restaurants.
Now that you have all that you need to plan out the most perfect holiday getaway here on the Space Coast, the only thing left to do is book your accommodations and work in the restaurants you’d like the check out. The links below will help you find the best place to rest your head and fill your belly with some of the best food around.
May this be a holiday season you won’t forget! See you soon on the Florida’s Space Coast!