2023 Summer Event Preview
Summer on the Space Coast
*note this blog will be updated with new event information as it becomes available
There's so much going on this summer on the Space Coast you're not gonna want to miss a thing.
Bioluminescence is Here
Bioluminescence season on the Space Coast lasts roughly from May to September, and peaks between July and August. It is an absolutely mind-blowing sight to see, and a must-do if you plan on visiting Central Florida during the summer. Check out this blog to learn more about our natural underwater light shows and plan your nighttime kayak adventure now!
Sea Turtle Season
Summer is time for Sea Turtles. From March - October female sea turtles return to the Space Coast to lay their eggs! And did you know that south of Melbourne Beach is the Archie Carr National Wildlife Refuge which is the most significant loggerhead nesting site in the US! When you visit during the summer you can expect to see sea turtle nests dotting the dunes, tracks heading to and from the surf, and if you’re lucky sea turtles and their hatchlings making their way to sea. The best way to experience this amazing journey is on a guided turtle walk. Check out this blog to learn everything you need to book a walk and respect these amazing creatures while you are here.
May 18 -21 Thunder on Cocoa Beach | Cocoa Beach
Thunder on Cocoa Beach Superboat races will be returning for its 12th year on Florida’s Space Coast! Join us for 4 days and nights of parties, concerts and lots of racing action. The Space Coast Super Boat Grand Prix is one of the most popular attractions for the whole family in Central Florida. Watch the top race teams in the World to compete in various classes with the premier class reaching speeds over 175 mph.
May 26 - 28 | Rolling Thunder Ride For Freedom XXXV | Merritt Island
Join Rolling Thunder's Florida Chapter for the 35th Freedom Ride on Memorial Day Weekend. Starting with the Blessing of the Bikes at Fishlips Waterfront Restaurant in Port Canaveral and a Candlelight Vigil at the Traveling Vietnam War Memorial at the Veterans Memorial Center in Merritt Island. Saturday, join veterans at Space Coast Harley Davidson for Thunder Ally where you'll enjoy live entertainment, vendors and meet other chapters at their booths. Sunday, get ready for the Freedom Ride starting at the Veterans Memorial Center t 8 am.
May 13 - Space Coast Burger Battle | Wickham Park
See who makes the best burger on the Space Coast! Every Burger Competitor and Dessert Vendor price their burgers and treats at only $1-$5 per item, offering you the opportunity to sample a vast variety of all the best from the Space Coast and beyond all-in-one place! Enjoy live music, a vendor marketplace and tons of other great family-friendly activities. Get your tickets online or at the gate and make sure to wear your stretchy pants!
Arts and Cultural Events
- May 20 | Space Coast River Jam | Cocoa Village
- May 13 & 14 - Summer Art and Craft Fair | Cocoa Village
- June 10 - Viera Country Fest | Viera
- Riverfront Park Concert and Special Event Schedule | Cocoa Village
Summer Theater Schedules
- King Center for the Performing Arts Show Schedule
- Cocoa Village Playhouse Show Schedule
- Titusville Playhouse Show Schedule
- Henegar Performing Arts Center Show Schedule
- May 13 - Space Coast Beach Running Championships | Cocoa Beach
- May 20 - 37th Annual CFOA Offshore Fishing Tournament | Port Canaveral
- June 2- 3 - 54th Annual FSFA Offshore Slam | Port Canaveral
- June 17 - Space Coast Pride Rainbow Run | Eau Gallie Arts District
- June 24 - 29 - USSSA Space Coast World Series | Viera
4th of July Events
- 4th of July BBQ & Symphony Under the Stars | Cocoa Village
- Smoke on the Water & Fire in the Sky | Cocoa Beach
- Great American Celebration 4th of July Fireworks | Viera
- MelBOOM | Melbourne
- Red White & Boom | Titusville