They say vacations are made, not bought, and in few places could this be more true than at the city of Titusville on Florida’s Space Coast. Looking for a fun Florida day on a budget? We’ve got you covered. Often, the true gems barely even show up on the bank statement.
Fun for Free
- Playlinda Brewing Company: What about a quick trip to the Playlinda Brewing Company? It’s free to get in, located in gorgeous Downtown Titusville in a century-old building and is a craft-beer wonderland. It is open seven days a week with the following hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 4 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Friday: 3 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Saturday: 12 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m. -9 p.m.
Fun for $5
- Canaveral National Seashore: Canaveral National Seashore is one of the natural wonders of this area. In the summer, the park’s closing hours are pushed from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., and car admission is only $5. Once here, you’ll be transported into the natural environment of Florida’s Space Coast as if going through time; this is undeveloped nature at its very finest. Fish, swim, kayak, and simply hike around to take in the sights. It’s a full day of adventure. During the summer, be mindful of afternoon thunderstorms since portions of the seashore are rather isolated, especially on foot.
Fun for $15
- Titusville Playhouse: While downtown, you’d do well to catch a show at the truly historic Titusville Playhouse. Established in 1965, its many shows still enchant visitors in a distinctive and intimate building built all the way back in 1905. The Playhouse has a diverse run of stage shows, from a rendition of On a Golden Pond to the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Seats start at simply $15. The show schedule tends to change monthly, so be sure to check what may be running while you’re in town.
- Police Hall of Fame: This is the nation’s first museum that honors all police officers at the state, county, and federal levels. Tickets are $13 for adults, but if you are a law enforcement officer, you can get into the Police Hall of Fame for free.
Fun for $20
- Also, this is a little-known fact, but Titusville on Florida’s Space Coast has a unique collection of museums and hall-of-fames. The Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum is a classic, in every sense of the word. Kids love it, and adults love it, too. Get up close to the vintage aircraft, such as the MiG-15, or the World War II-era Grumman TBF Avenger Bomber. Entrance is only $20.
That’s more than a day’s worth of attractions and fun for a good price on Florida’s Space Coast. But whatever you do, do not leave hungry. Established in 1983, Dixie Crossroads is an absolutely iconic restaurant of the area. And if you leave without trying their famous corn fritters, well, we suppose we’ll just see you again in beautiful Titusville, Florida.