Reasons to visit this fall season
There is just something about the cooler weather that makes us all feel a bit cozy. For those from up north, you may already be experiencing heavy coat weather, but here on the Space Coast, we are averaging about 85°F during the day and a nice cool, breezy 75°F at night, perfect weather for a whole day outside. Already getting that itch to get away to the Space Coast aren’t you? No? Well, this may change your mind.
One of the great reasons for visiting the Space Coast is that you can experience great weather year-round. But visiting in the fall has a uniqueness to it that makes it one of the top places to visit this time of the year. A coastal spin on outdoor events and festivals, a tropical paradise where the fragrance of pumpkin-spice and everything nice mix with the fresh salty sea air, and a laid-back vibe bring the perfect balance to ease into fall.
Here are more reasons why to visit this fall:
From spectacular food & wine events to ones that help kick off the most wonderful time of the year, there’s no shortage of events taking place on the Space Coast. And like we mentioned before, the weather is near perfect when these events take place.
The Rocky Water Brew Fest has been taking place in the Eau Gallie Arts District the last four years and will take place on October 20, 2018. Featuring craft beer from all over Florida, this is a great event surrounded by life-size murals in the heart of EGAD. Here’s a look at some of the other events coming up:
- FIT Homecoming Weekend Extravaganza: October 11-13, 2018
- Annual Fall Cocoa Village Arts & Craft Fair: October 20-21, 2018
- Native Rhythm Festival: November 9-11, 2018
- 34th Annual Festival of Trees: November 17, 2018
- Downtown Melbourne Food and Wine Festival: November 17, 2018
- Space Coast Lightfest: November 19, 2018, running nightly through January 1, 2019
Arts & Entertainment
For those of you with a flair for the arts, or maybe you just want to broaden your horizons this fall, there are many opportunities for you to discover Space Coast Culture. Not only do you have theatre performances but also a plethora of art festivals to peruse. And the weather? Again, it should be spot on. Check out these upcoming festivals and performances:
- Space Coast Art Festival: October 27-28, 2018
- A Christmas Story (Cocoa Village Playhouse): November 16-December 2, 2018
- Artworks Eau Gallie Fine Arts Festival: November 17-18, 2018
- Cocoa Beach Art & Music Show: November 23-25, 2018
In case you haven’t noticed, the weather has been mentioned many times throughout this blog. Why? Because you cannot ask for better weather during the fall months. Perhaps you’re into running, or maybe you’re looking to get outdoors and soak up some Vitamin-D. These events are just for you.
- Ron Jon Cocoa Beach Half Marathon: October 14, 2018
- Rockledge Gardens 22nd Annual Fall Festival: October 27-28, 2018
- Cape Canaveral Lighthouse Foundation: November 11, 2018
- Ocean Reef Festival: December 1, 2018
Of course, we can’t forget about Halloween events. Check them out here. Still can’t decide that enjoying a fall getaway on the Space Coast is for you? Don’t forget about the cruises occurring throughout each week sailing out of one of the world’s best ports, Port Canaveral. You could also plan a visit around one of the many rocket launches that happen on a regular basis here on the Space Coast.
For more information about other Space Coast happenings this fall, check out our Space Coast Events Page to help plan your visit.
We want to see your fall adventures on the Space Coast. Post your pictures and video so we can follow along. Make sure you follow and tag us using #SpaceCoast
Follow us here:
New to Instagram? Download the app here for your IOS or Android device.