Secrets of the Brevard Zoo
Whether you’re visiting Florida's Space Coast for the first time, or are a returning visitor, don’t miss the chance to trek through the Brevard Zoo. This hometown-favorite zoo in Melbourne encompasses just about 50 acres and is home to nearly 600 animals. It’s a local gem that has been attracting animal enthusiasts of all ages and is dedicated to its mission of wildlife conservation through education and participation. Not only is it one of the most budget-friendly attractions to enjoy around the Space Coast, it is also a welcome retreat for anyone looking for a break from the beach and a taste of nature.
Here are some things to look forward to when planning a trip to Brevard Zoo:
● Behind the Scenes Experiences: Curious about some insider secrets of the zoo? Get up close and personal with animal trainers and some of your favorite zoo animals with the Behind the Scenes experience. Highly-trained zoo keepers and animal trainers share their experiences and insights about zoo animals during these short sessions throughout the day.
● Adventure Activity Packages: If you’re looking for more than just a tour of the zoo, pick up an activity package that includes a kayaking safari experience or other animal encounters. One of the ways the Brevard Zoo stands apart from other zoos around Florida is by hosting animal demonstrations and unique expeditions, such as the Cape to Cairo Express train ride, kayaking tours around an animal exhibit, paddle boat rides, and animal feedings. Enjoy a full day of activities that include everything from giraffe feigns to a kayaking adventure.
● Wild Animal Encounters: Safari lovers can sign up for the exclusive Wild Encounter Tour, one of the zoo’s premier special experiences offerings. The theme of this one-hour tour is ‘Destination Africa’ and includes a close-up viewing of a white rhino and a Masai giraffe. Guests on this tour learn how these animals are taken care of and how zookeepers use different techniques to interact with the animals.
● Off-Site Kayaking Trips: Enjoy the waters of Manatee Cove, Merritt Island, Sebastian River, and surrounding areas with naturalist-led kayaking trip. The zoo offers special packages for groups of six or more, making this an attractive option for family reunions or larger parties. You’ll see native wildlife and animals including dolphins, egret, pelican, and more.
● Ongoing Educational Opportunities: If you are looking for a fun way to learn about animals and conservation efforts, consider participating in one of the zoo’s educational programs. Keith Winsten, Director of the Brevard Zoo, shares some of the reasons why the zoo has been so successful over the years in this blog post. Outside of serving as a recreation and leisure destination, the zoo has earned its reputation for being a valuable educational facility in the community.
Learn more about the Brevard Zoo and other top attractions to seen when you visit Florida's Space Coast by browsing our website. You can find deals on hotels, tips for fabulous dining, and family-friendly activities sure to make the whole family happy.