As you start to plan your vacation to Florida’s Space Coast, you may be wondering what there is to do here besides spending your days at the beach. While there is nothing wrong relaxing beachside, there’s so much more to do on Florida’s Space Coast. We gathered up our top five favorite things to do besides going to the beach.
- Brevard Zoo – Escape from the ordinary and enjoy lush surroundings and exotic animals at the Brevard Zoo. Over 550 animals from all over the world reside at the zoo including giraffes, jaguars, alligators, and an array of other creatures. The Paws On area offers water play for children as well as a petting zone. Visitors can also rent kayaks, ride the Cape to Cairo Express train, and take part in the Treetop Trek Aerial Adventures.
- Performing Arts – The arts community on Florida’s Space Coast is made up of multiple theater groups, including the Cocoa Village Playhouse and the Henegar Center, professional orchestras, and dozens of theatrical and musical performances throughout the year. See what’s playing when you visit Florida’s Space Coast and get full descriptions of upcoming shows through the Brevard Cultural Alliance at Arts Brevard.
- Airboat Rides – For the experience of a lifetime, take an airboat ride on the St. Johns River through the grassy marsh. As your boat captain navigates through the water, you will have a chance to explore stunning scenery and wildlife including alligators, water moccasins, and a variety of birds.
- Kennedy Space Center – America’s space program comes to life at Kennedy Space Center’s Visitor Center through a variety of exhibits and shows. Here you will learn about the past, present, and future of the space program and have the opportunity to get up close to the launch pad, Vehicle Assembly Building, and much more with the KSC Up-Close guided tour.
- Shopping – Florida’s Space Coast is home to indoor malls, open-air shopping destinations, and quaint downtown shopping districts. Whether you’re looking for big-box retail stores like Macy’s or small boutiques, our area is filled with many choices and unique finds you can only find here.
Having fun in the sun rings true on Florida’s Space Coast, but if you’re looking for other ways to enjoy all that our area offers, be sure to check out the five things to do besides going to the beach on your visit. For more information on how to book your stay on Florida’s Space Coast, click here.