Do you hear that? The sound of waves crashing on the beach, the cool breeze blowing through the palm trees, and the clinking of glasses toasting to the weekend. There is just something about this time of the year, invigorating your senses, and we wanted to highlight some of the top reasons why you’ll “fall” in love with Melbourne and the surrounding beaches. This is truly one of the best times to come visit Florida’s Space Coast.
Carve Out Some Time for a Beach Getaway
There are plenty of places to make a quick little stop, but there is something a bit awe-inspiring when staying at a bed & breakfast. A little home away from home, here are a few of B & Bs to check out for your next little beach getaway.
- Windemere Inn: This is for all you oceanfront lovers. Open up the windows and doors, step outside for a quick stroll along the beach, and take in either a beautiful sunrise or sunset with your significant other.
- SeaGlass Inn: This is for those not so apt to having sand between their toes, but want to still enjoy a waterfront view. Located a few blocks from the Melbourne Beach Pier overlooking the Indian River Lagoon, this is a great little spot to getaway. P.S. Don’t forget your fishing pole!
- Crane Creek Inn: This is for those who want an “Old Florida” feel to their little getaway. Overlooking Crane Creek, this serenity spot is just a quick walk from the famous Historic Downtown Melbourne.
- Port d’Hiver: This is for those looking for a romantic getaway. Nestled amid swaying palms and intimate courtyards, there’s 10 rooms to choose from that are all unique and encompass their own charm. Located across the street from beach, you’ll find this place unforgettable.
Fun in the sun. Florida, the Sunshine State, has beautiful weather all throughout the year, so finding something to do outdoors here on the Space Coast is our specialty.
- Spessard Holland Golf Course: With views of both the Atlantic Ocean and the Indian River, this course will be sure to challenge you all while you take in the beautiful landscape and natural habitat.
- At the Helm Sailing Charters: Take a moonlight cruise on the Indian River Lagoon and let all your worries float away as you sit under the stars.
- Andretti Thrill Park: For your inner child, stop by and have fun with the kids or even the grandkids.
Wine and Dine. Let us set the mood and treat you to an evening out on the Space Coast.
- Downtown Melbourne Food & Wine Festival: The 2nd annual event features sips and samples from some of Space Coast’s top restaurants as you stroll through the historic downtown area.
- The Mansion: Enjoy your evening with food made fresh from scratch daily paired with your choice of beer or wine. Plan to make an evening out of this dining experience as you set-aside time to stroll through their wine cellar. The staff is ready and eager to assist you in finding the perfect drink of choice for your evening out.
Treats and more Treats: Forget trick or treat, how about we tell you how to treat yourself this fall.
- Imperial Spa & Salon: Come enjoy a day at the spa ladies and even you men! You’ll find that being pampered is a wonderful treat and well worth taking some time off to sit back, relax and enjoy.
- Souler Float: A great way to let your worries and cares float on by as you relax and unwind at Space Coast’s coolest float center
To learn more about how you can fall in love with Melbourne and the surrounding beaches here on the Space Coast and plan your next getaway, click here.