Thanksgiving is right around the corner and if you are thinking, “How on earth is it already that time of the year already,” then we want to help. Whether you are a local or an out-of-towner, it’s time to take the pressure off from you having to figure out a dinner menu, making sure Uncle Bob doesn’t sit next to Aunt Sue because they always argue, and providing a bit of fun. Florida’s Space Coast knows just how to keep the holidays stress free, carefree, and one to remember.
Some of our local restaurants are serving Thanksgiving meals, from traditional fare to fine dining, so there’s a place for you no matter your preference:
Melbourne & the Beaches:
2250 Front Street
812 E. New Haven Avenue
200 Rialto Place,
801 E. New Haven Avenue
2605 N Hwy A1A
1550 North Atlantic Avenue,
Cocoa Beach, Florida
6485 South US 1
Rockledge, FL 32955
7032 Stadium Parkway
Viera, FL 32940
(321) 504-7776 ext 2
There are also several “can’t miss” Thanksgiving events that will get you out and about, enjoying the beautiful weather and weekend here on the Space Coast:
To burn extra calories so you have a guilt-free Thanksgiving:
- Space Coast Turkey Trot – Taking place in Melbourne on Thanksgiving morning, this race benefits West Shore Parent Teach Association.
- Cocoa Beach Turkey Trot – A tradition in Cocoa beach, this race benefits Cocoa Beach Jr/Sr High School cross country and track teams.
- Space Coast Half Marathon & Marathon – Lace up your shoes and head to Cocoa Village on Sunday, November 26 for the race.
Things to do with friends & family:
- Space Coast Lightfest – See more than 3 million twinkling holiday lights at this drive-through event taking place at Wickham Park in Melbourne through the New Year.
- Light Up Viera – This holiday parade kicks off the holiday season in Viera. Fireworks light up the sky at 6 p.m. and the parade starts at 6:10 p.m.
- A Christmas Carol (the Musical) – Take in a show at the Cocoa Village Playhouse.
- Painting with a Twist – Explore your artistic side at Painting with a Twist. Follow the artists step by step instruction to create your own work of art that you will take home at the end of the evening. There’s also a location in Downtown Melbourne.
Get a few deals on Christmas shopping while enjoying live entertainment and local art:
- Shop Small Sip & Stroll – After Black Friday shopping, head to Cocoa Village to pick up gifts from local shops.
- Cocoa Beach Art Show – Just steps away from the beach in Downtown Cocoa Beach, this art show showcases local and national artists.
- Space Coast Art Festival – Now in its 53rd year, this show is a tradition on the Space Coast.
And if you want to enjoy waking up to the sounds of the waves crashing on the shore or if you prefer more of a historic location where you can take a stroll down the street, check out all possibilities here.
Now that you have all that you need to enjoy this Thanksgiving, we would be remiss if we didn’t say, “Thank you.” Taking time to reflect and think about all that we have and though we all may have had days, weeks or even months where life was tough, there is truly so much to be grateful for. So from all of us here on Florida’s Space Coast, THANK YOU! Thank you for making our little slice of heaven a place you come and visit.
For more information about other opportunities along the Space Coast, click here.