5 Experiences You Can’t Miss When You Visit the Space Coast
If you think the only thing you can experience when you visit Florida's Space Coast is the Kennedy Space Center, you’re missing out! Not only does the Space Coast have 72 miles of coastline, but also a variety of activities that get you in touch with nature, a vibrant arts scene, shopping, and other happenings that keep visitors coming back to visit the Space Coast.
If you’re looking for real, authentic experiences, than look no further. The Space Coast has all that and more. Here are the five experiences to visit on the Space Coast:
1. Florida Air Tours: Taking off from Cocoa Beach, this is one experience you’ll never forget! Get a bird’s-eye view of the Space Coast in an authentic WWII-era Open Cockpit Biplane that can fit up to two people at one time. Florida Air Tours offers an aerial adventure with tours over Cocoa Beach, Port Canaveral, Kennedy Space Center, the St. Johns River, or all four areas in the “see-it-all” tour. Sunset and aerobatic upgrades are also available.
2. Brevard Zoo: The Brevard Zoo offers something for everyone who visits the Space Coast. Children can experience nature at Paws On through hands-on learning while other guests have a thrilling experience high up in the trees through a self-guided adventure at Treetop Trek, an aerial obstacle and zipline course. And for those looking to feed a giraffe and pet animals, the Brevard Zoo offers that, too. Adventure awaits you at the Brevard Zoo!
3. Twister Airboat Rides: Visit the backwaters of the St. Johns River and Lake Poinsett on the ride of a lifetime with Twister Airboat Rides. As you venture through the grassy marsh at speeds up to 45 mph, you will have the chance to see and take photographs of beautiful scenery, gators, birds, wild hogs, and other wildlife. This activity is one the whole family will enjoy.
4. Live Rocket Launch: Where else can you witness one of the most dramatic events on Earth? The world has watched rockets blast off into orbit for years, and when you visit the Space Coast, you can too! Rocket launches on the Space Coast are planned throughout the year, and the Space Coast has multiple viewing areas for rocket launches in addition to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
5. Deep Sea Fishing: Whether you’re looking to try something new or you’re a seasoned expert, you’re sure to enjoy a deep-sea fishing trip. With 72 miles of coastline, a deep sea fishing experience on the Space Coast will have you catching fish like grouper, kingfish, marlin, and tuna. Some may think you have to be a pro to tackle deep-sea fishing, but Sea Leveler charters are great for everyone, including families. Sea Leveler, located in Port Canaveral, offers a full-day and a half-day trip.
The Space Coast is home to real, authentic experiences that you will never forget. Learn more about other top attractions to experience when you visit Florida's Space Coast by browsing through our website.