It’s almost time for barbeque food and fireworks! Break away this Fourth of July for a beachside vacation you'll never forget. If you want to make your Fourth of July one-of-a-kind, here are a few different ways Florida’s Space Coast can make this a unique and more memorable day:
1. Three-Day Firework Display
Instead of having just one chance to watch fireworks, here on the Space Coast you have three! Smoke on the Water is a three-day event that is truly unrivaled. All firework shows include stunning pyrotechnics that take place over unique bodies of water.
Here’s a quick breakdown of this year’s shows:
- Sunday, July 2: The Cove at Port Canaveral. Fireworks to be fired over the harbor.
- Monday, July 3: Cocoa Beach. Take in the fireworks with a sea breeze.
- Tuesday, July 4: Riverfront Park at Cocoa Village. Featuring the Brevard Symphony Orchestra and an epic firework show over the Indian River Lagoon.
2. A Day on the Water
Looking to celebrate in a laid-back way? The Space Coast is surrounded by water, which makes for a great day of relaxation and fun. With 72 miles of coastline on one side and the Indian River Lagoon on the other, there are many ways you can celebrate on the water. Consider renting a boat from 321 Boat Club and spend the day fishing, tubing or cruising. Reservations are highly recommended. Learn more about their boat and jet-ski rentals here.
If boating isn’t your thing, head to the beach and enjoy some fun in the sun. From family-friendly and quiet beaches to everything else in between, there’s one that will fit your needs. You can discover your beach personality here. One place that is sure to be hopping is the Westgate Cocoa Beach Pier. Stop by the all-new Rikki Tiki Tavern at the end of the pier and take in the view, and a cocktail or two.
3. More Events!
Is three days of fireworks not enough? Good news! There are more events available to help you celebrate the Fourth of July!
The city of Palm Bay will host their celebration on Sunday, July 2 that will include food trucks, live music and of course, fireworks. This year’s entertainment features Blue Stone Circle, a regular feature at Universal Orlando’s Citywalk.
You can kick off your Fourth of July at the Firecracker 5K in Downtown Melbourne. Hosted by The Running Zone Foundation, this race starts with the ringing of a replica of America’s Liberty Bell. Get decked out, head to toe, in your best patriotic gear and celebrate America.
4. Great Eats You’ll Only Find Here
Florida’s Space Coast is home to unique eats that will match the celebrations and be sure to delight your palate. Here are some places you don’t want to miss:
- Fishlips Waterfront Bar & Grill: Dine inside or out and take in the stunning views of Port Canaveral. This restaurant, along with many others at The Cove, offer great views of the fireworks taking place on Sunday, July 2. And after the sun goes well down, there will be dancing upstairs. Oh yes, lots of dancing. Fishlips is a combination restaurant and party place.
- Squid Lips Cocoa Beach: Overlook the Indian River Lagoon and watch the sun go down on another day. The menu boasts of surf and turf and fantastic drinks in a casual atmosphere.
- Ryan’s Pizza: Now you’re probably thinking, “Pizza. Really?” But before you write it off, remember that everyone loves a good slice of pizza, and Ryan’s Pizza in Cocoa Village has some of the best on the Space Coast. Not to mention, their rooftop deck offers the best seats for the fireworks show on Tuesday, July 4.
Independence Day is one of the most popular holidays of the year on the Space Coast. Why go anywhere else? Port Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, and Cocoa Village promise full days of entertainment and fun. Experience something unique this year, and plan a trip to Florida’s Space Coast. You won’t be disappointed.